An excess is the amount you pay towards the cost of any claim, so before we make any payment for a claim you may be required to pay the applicable excesses..
There's a few excesses that may apply:
/The Basic excess is the base amount you pay for each claim under your policy. This amount can be adjusted up or down when you buy or renew your policy and the adjustment has an effect on the premium you pay.
/Unlisted Driver excess also applies If the driver at the time of the incident is not listed on your policy and is not a household member.
/Disconnected Vehicle Data excess also applies if we don’t have access to your vehicle data at the time of an incident because you have unplugged or tampered with the KOBA Rider and have not informed us of a fault or issue with the device.
You won't have to pay an excess if you are not in any way at fault for an incident and you can identify the responsible party by giving us the following information:
- Full name
- Vehicle registration number (if applicable)
You also won't pay an excess if you have purchased our Excess-free Glass cover and need to make a claim for glass damage only. This only applies to one claim per policy period.
When an Excess applies
We will tell you whether you need to pay the applicable Excess amount:
- to the repairer when you pick Your Car up;
- directly to us when we request it; or
- whether we will deduct the Excess amount from any amount we will pay to you.
When an Excess does not apply
You will not have to pay an Excess if:
- You are not in any way at fault and you can identify the responsible party which means
- In the case of an accident, you can provide the registration number of the at-fault vehicle and the driver’s full name and address.
- In the case of damage not involving another vehicle, you can give us the full name and address of the responsible party.
- You have purchased the optional Excess-free Glass cover and you need to make a claim for damage to the windscreen, window glass or sunroof only.