It's simple to join KOBA:
- Log onto www.kobainsurance.com.au to get a quote and select your policy start date
- Once your policy has been accepted, we'll send you a KOBA Rider via the post. This is our connected car telematics device that easily plugs into your car and measures your number of km driven. You can keep driving while you wait for your KOBA Rider; we've got you covered from your policy start date
- Plug in your KOBA Rider once received. It's easy to plug in through your car's OBD-II port (all cars manufactured after 2006 have one), just follow the steps below. We'll also send you hints + tips along the way. To plug in your Rider:
- Put your car in park. Handbrake on + ignition off.
- Look under your car’s dashboard for the OBD-II connector port + plug in your KOBA Rider. This measures your km driven and powers our app in real-time.
- Your OBD-II port is likely in 1 of the 3 locations. Visit www.kobainsurance.com.au/kobarider for more info. Once you plug in, a light (it could be green, amber, or red) will appear showing you’re connected
- Download our mobile app and securely access your trips, costs, claims + policy docs almost instantly.