When we send you the KOBA Rider in the mail, we also include an optional extension cable.
For most customers, the KOBA Rider can plug directly into the OBD-II port. For a small number of customers, the OBD-II port may be behind a panel, so the extension cable will come in handy to help them plug it in.
- Assess if you need to use the cable. You will likely need it if the OBD port is behind a panel.
- Open the panel
- Plug the male end of the cord into the OBD Port.
- Plug the female end the KOBA Rider.
- You should now be able to close the panel.
- Use the velcro strips to attach the cord to car so it is not in the drivers way.
In the future we hope to have an index of Manufacturer makes + models so we know which of our customers need the optional extension cord, and which might not. Feel free to send us your car make + model and let us know where you OBD-II port is to help us in our quest!