KOBA offers the same type of comprehensive insurance coverage you're used to, but charges you for the insurance you use.
Unlike traditional insurance models, KOBA uses real-time driving data, connecting the vehicle’s on-board computer to a smartphone app which records when and how far you drive and then charges a consistent per-kilometre rate for comprehensive insurance coverage.
So how does it work?
- Step 1: Join KOBA and start your policy. Your car is covered by an upfront cost that covers you while parked, and a unique cents-per-km rate while driving.
- Step 2: Sync our KOBA mobile app to your car. We send you a KOBA Rider in the post to count the number of km you drive. This easily plugs in under your car’s dash and syncs with our app.
- Step 3: See trips and costs to insure in real-time. Download our mobile app and see trips, costs and policy info almost instantly.
At KOBA, our pay-as-you-drive model means your bill will change each month depending on how much you travel.
Each KOBA customer has 2 calculations:
- A simple fixed cost. This covers your car while it’s parked from fire, theft, 3rd party damage and hail. This fee is always payable upfront.
- A per-km rate. The cost per kilometre you drive, usually a few cents. This cost is calculated at the end of each month and is your per-km rate x the number of km you’ve driven.
Still have questions? Get in touch, we're happy to chat.