As a new insurance company, our underwriter has taken a conservative approach to the drivers and vehicles we're able to insure at launch.
This approach affects a range of factors, including a drivers age, vehicle type, location and driving history. Examples of some underwriting criteria that we're not currently supporting at launch, include (but are not limited to):
- All cars 2005 and younger
- Any vehicles valued >$80,000
- Drivers aged younger than 25 years old, or older than 65 years old
- Certain business usage cases
- Powerful cars with a torque-to-weight ratio greater than 300
This narrowing in on our underwriting criteria will help us further refine our product as we're in launch phase, and more importantly, better tailor our product in future.
If you fall in the category above, we're sorry KOBA isn't the right fit for now.
Please stay tuned though. We hope to open up our insurance requirements in the near future.